Celebrate July 4th in Nashville
Let Freedom Sing! is one of our biggest parties of the year. Come celebrate July 4th with lots of live music, activities for all ages and a gasp-inspiring fireworks display.
A Few Tips
- If driving, take note of where you parked. Maybe even take a photo or ping the GPS location.
- Stay hydrated. Drink more water than you think you need.
- Beer is not a substitute for water–no matter what country songs say.
- Determine a rendezvous point in case you get separated from others in your party.
- Don’t take anything you don’t think you’ll need.
- Of course there are plenty of restaurants in the area as well as food trucks set up near the Amazon Family Fun Zone on Rep. John Lewis Way and on 1st Avenue near Ascend Amphitheater. You can also pack a picnic–just abide by the guidelines below.
Tech crews will be making swift changes between performances to minimize downtime. And of course, live music will be nonstop at all the honky tonks and music venues in the Lower Broadway area.
Music City Walk of Fame Park
11:00-noon DJ Coach
noon-12:40pm Troubadour Blue
1:00-1:40pm Les Kerr & The Bayou Band
2:00-2:40pm Tommy Howell Band
3:00-4:00pm THE MAGI
3:00-4:00pm DJ Dave Aude
4:00- 4:30pm Welcome and Tiera Kennedy
4:45-5:25pm Langhorne Slim
5:40-6:20pm The War and Treaty
6:40-7:40pm Ben Rector
8:05-9:20pm Brad Paisley
9:25-10:00 Nashville Symphony w/ fireworks
Rooftop viewing parties at bars are a big deal and often sell out so plan ahead if you want to have primo places above the thousands gathered in the streets. In addition to all the restaurants and bars in the area, there will be a food truck zone next to Bridgestone Arena. Between the Hilton and the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum is the Amazon Family Fun Zone which opens at noon.
Make life less of a hassle by reading through these lists;
You can bring:
- Collapsible chairs (except at Ascend Amphitheatre)
- Umbrellas up to 36″ in diameter
- Blankets and tarps up to 6’x8′
- Bags up 16″x10″x4″
- Personal cameras
- Backpacks or luggage
- Wagons or pull-carts
- Outside alcoholic beverages
- Weapons of any kind
- Aerosol cans of any kind
- Sealed containers
- Laser pointers
- Pets (except service animals)
- Audio recorders or video camera
- Camera stands, tripods, selfie sticks, etc.
- Signs, flags on sticks or poles
- Collapsible chairs (applies only to Ascend Amphitheater)
REMINDER: live streaming or recording of concerts with phones is illegal.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if you brought an oversized bag or an unpermitted item?
Lockers are available for $10/item at three locations: 1st Ave. N. near Union Street, near the entrance to the Pedestrian Bridge and on Broadway at 6th Avenue, S.
If I don’t care to see the symphony performance, where can I watch the fireworks?
- Riverfront Park
- The Green at Riverfront Park
- Public Square Park
- Music City Walk of Fame Park
- Korean War Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Gay Street Connector
- Nissan Stadium Lots A-D
What about downtown parking and transportation?
Two sources of information: the tourist commission’s link and my link at the end of this post.
What time should I arrive?
Depends entirely on what you want to see and do. I would recommend arriving at least an hour before a performance and as much as two hours before the fireworks to find a good viewing area.